Tuesday, October 24, 2006

EATING SOLIDS FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!

I fed her solids for the 1st time about a week in a half ago, even though it was more like liquids than solids since that is how the 1st feeding is! She seemed interested at first but later wanted nothing to do with it and got upset and a lot of the food came out. It was a valiant effort but I think she wasn't quite ready so I opted to wait another 2 weeks till I tried again so I think I will actually try again tomorrow which is only a 1 1/2 shy of her 6 months (which was my goal to wait till then). She has been waking up in the middle of the night the last 2 weeks - the 1st week about 2-3 times a night and the past few days it went down to once a night. At first we thought she might be teething or hitting that huge 6 month growth spurt they warn you about. Although, it might be that she is just ready to start eating solids now so I am trying again tommorow and hopefully she does better with it.

We were used to her giving us 8 hours of sleep a night before, because she was always such a great sleeper at night (not so much the story during the day though) so we weren't ready for it and it gave us a taste of what we went through the 1st month. We forgot how hard it actually was and hope it is over very soon!

We tried "Rice Cereal"... and she is wandering what is going on - new experience. We put her in this chair rather than the high chair because she still sits pretty low in the high chair and this she sits up lots higher and is easier to manage. The tray comes in closer to her too. She is just our little tiny girl!

Now she is "Daddy's little princess" with the bib that say so...



"Let me touch it, please, please pretty please...huh....huh!"
She is our wild child....we have nothing to compare her too but she loves to be moving and on the go, even at 2 am in the morning when she wants to feed her leg is moving at 100mph. I don't know where all this energy comes from and it is funny!



"Mommy, I am not to sure about this new experience - what are you doing?"



"Ahhhh, yuck...don't you have anything better tasting?"



"Well, now that I got used to it - it is kinda fun. Lets try again!"



"This is really messy stuff and I am not sure what to do with it???"



Soon after she got very fussy and wanted nothing to do with it again but I didn't have pics of that....

No comments: