
35 weeks pregnant now!
I am so glad I made it another week with being on bedrest now and all. At 34 weeks I was put on bedrest for 2 weeks because I was in premature labor. I was getting contractions every 2-3 minutes apart that lasted a minute long. They tried giving me fluids to stop the contractions and it did not, so they gave me a medication to stop it and it should have stopped it, but it just slowed the contractions down. They also gave me a shot of steriods to make sure the baby's lungs were mature if she was born early. I was released from the hospital later on and put on modified bedrest in till I got to 36 weeks pregnant. They told me that I would need to come in again if the contractions ever got as strong again.
Bedrest is not fun, but it is something I have to do. I have still contracted, although not nearly as much. I have only been out of the house the last 10 days to go to my birth appointment and class. The appointment went well with good news - baby is in the head down position, weighing in at approximately 5 1/2 pounds and I haven't dilated at all dispite all the contractions. She has an exellent heart rate and moves around a lot. The last couple days the contractions slowed down even more - I am so glad because I would like to try to make it to at least 37 weeks so she would be considered a full-term baby! Thank you for everyones prayers and continued prayers! It is much appreciated and I will be done bedrest on Wednesday the April 5th!
No comments:
Post a Comment