Tuesday, June 17, 2008

News

This blog entry will be just a text blog since I still haven't got a chance to post pictures yet and scan in the ultrasound pics. :) (which will happen soon)

I went to the 20 week ultrasound last Thursday and the baby looked healthy and everything looked great! The baby measured a little bigger than my expected due date so I am not sure if that means that the due date may be a little earlier or if the baby just went through a early growth spurt. I will post the ultrasounds pics very soon though....

I was waiting to announce the gender to everyone till we announced it to our families over the "Father's Day" weekend but we are excited to announce it now.

For the big news..... the next little delp will be a......
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
.........................................................................................
...............................................................................boy! :)
(had to make you scroll down a little)

It looks as if, we will have one of each now................
I think one of the funny parts is that my parents had 2 sons and 2 daughters growing up and now their first 4 grandchildren or 2 boys and 2 girls. I guess our family likes things "even steven" so my mom says anyway.

I wonder if I will follow in my moms footsteps with girl, boy, girl, boy..... I guess time will tell but I am half way there.

We will be announcing the name as well since we kept that secret with Talya and found it to be very hard since we like to call the baby by name. We had a few slips around family with Talya's name. We were just so used to calling her by name in my belly to make it more personal. We don't want to try to do that this time, especially because we have Talya practice the name to my belly. The name is the same name that Talya would have been if she was a boy and we still like the name so we are using it this time......

It will be...... Koen Alexander Delp.
For those of you that are not sure how it is pronounced... it is "ko-en" like Owen with a "k".

Koen - is a German name that either means "bold and daring" or "honest counselor" depending on where you look.

Alexander - for his middle name is what Randy choose since he likes this as a middle name. It means "Defender of mankind". I think the two names meanings as well as the names flow nice.

No comments: