Saturday, May 24, 2008

Multiple exciting news lately :)

The pregnancy updates...

I am now almost 17 weeks along... I will be 17 weeks on Tuesday. I felt the baby move for the 1st time on week 15. I wasn't sure if I had felt the baby move at first since I thought it was pretty early but my friends who had 2 or more children said they felt their 2nd children around week 14 so I knew it had to be the baby then. It felt like bubbles, popping and pressure more than movements but it was something and I was so excited. I have since felt the baby a little more at times that felt more distinctive popping like little kicks!

I had ordered a doppler online for this pregnancy after what had happened with the last pregnancy and it is so good to have. I can hear the babies heartbeat whenever I am nervous or fearful or just want that bonding time. It works well and am able to hear the heartbeat. It used to be 155-160 around 10 weeks but lately is between 140-150.

I have also schedule my 20 week ultrasound right before "Father's Day" so that I can make the announcement to family just in time for it. I am crossing my fingers that the baby is cooperative!

Denise had her baby!...

Randy's sister Denise had her baby this afternoon.. a little girl named Alyssa Renee Gehman. She was a little over 7 pounds. I don't have pictures yet since we haven't had a chance to get to the Hospital yet but will post some soon.

No comments: