As I stated in an earlier blog - I had participated in MOPS last year and really enjoyed it so this year I had joined the core team as "Discussion leader" with Jane Miller. It is going well and we have had two meeting since the start in September that have gotten great turn-outs. I was a little nervous at first to get up and speak in front of everyone - but I am getting pretty comfortable with it now. As "Discussion Leader" - I have to come up with Discussion questions for the tables and I had to develop a "Points system score card"..... it goes on each table and the tables keep track of certain things they can get points for and in January and then May we give prizes out for the most points - the people seem excited about the points card so I think it will be a success. I also have to get in touch with the monthly speakers, come up with ways for all the tables to mingle such as games, etc. and organize table leaders as well. I seem to like the position and it is nice to have joined a ministry again. I am taking over Janes position and she is helping me out this year in the transition and she has been a great help as I need it right now with learning the ropes and feeling so tired in this first trimester of pregnancy....
Here is a picture of most of the core team for the MOPS that meets at BranchCreek.
from left to right... Karen Anderson (Photographer), Kerry Smith (Finance), Liz Martin (Hospitality Leader), Bet Hamilton (which is a mentor mom Leader), Stacey Lyman-Payne (Coordinator), Michelle Kirkpatrick (Publicity), Myself and Jane Miller (Discussion leaders) and missing in the pic - Allison Sandberg (MOPPETS Director), Wendy Weist (Financial Director and Welcomer), Dominique Lanza (Assistant Coordinator), Heather Wassel (Hospitality), and one that just joined the team Michelle Fulginiti (Creative Coordinator)
It is an awesome well-organized team that really truly loves and cares for MOPS and touching peoples lives so I couldn't ask for a better group and ministry to have joined. You rock girls! :)

Anybody interrested in MOPS - don't hesitate to get in contact with me - we'd love to see ya there!
1 comment:
Hello! Its Sally, just wanted to say Congrats to you and Randy, on the impending arrival of your newest family member, as well as the purchase of your land. Had been meaning to say 'congrats' before now, but have been running w/work and the renovations on our new house. Hugs, Sal
Post a Comment