Thursday, June 07, 2007

TALYA'S BABY DEDICATION & 1st BIRTHDAY PARTY! :)

My little girlie just so happened to get dedicated the same day as her Birthday! They only have Baby dedications at our Church once about every 4 months so it was totally a coincendence that it landed at that time. We couldn't make the ones before that so it was just funny that it worked out like that!

Here we are in front of the Church to have her dedicated.... dedication for us and our Church is just to have her dedicated back to Christ and then they say a prayer for her. It is not a baptism.


Talya was a character and kept trying to talk when the other little babies made sound trying to talk back to them.....


Afterward, we all went back to my parents house for her 1st Birthday.... it was a nice day and a crazy 2 weeks for me since just the weekend before was my moms 50th birthday at my house. I hope I never have to have two huge events back to back again but both still turned out very nice!
I made sure I got lots of pictures of the decorations so Talya would one day remember how her 1st party was since she obviously won't remember it! :)
HAPPY 1st Birthday! We had a banner made... it turned out really nice and I will keep it for sentimental value. I can't believe my baby is 1.. she is growing up to fast!


ovbiously the color scheme was very girlie "purples and pinks"!


Door banner when people arrived!








I had different photo tents sitting around with pictures of Talya during the 1st year of life in them...








and made party favors for the kids who came to her party... pink for the girls... yellow for the boys.... (we didn't want them to go home with pink! so the accent color was yellow too)


I decided to make the menu bread, homemade lasanya, salad with homemade dressings, cream cheese wrapped in baloni, cheese tray and cake with icecream.... and Randy's grandmom brought fruit salad too....






My mom and me made the cakes... I never made Birthday cakes before so it was nice to learn and help decorate. I learned quite a bit!


We made flower cupcakes....


that went around the butterflies.... my mom made this cake which is a circle cake cut in half and flipped around and then decorated.... with pieces of colored licorice as the antennas.....


I really helped with this cake and did a lot of the decorating myself.... it was easier than I thought!




Heres my mom... the big helper!!!! It was great to have all her help!


and the BIRTHDAY GIRL herself!!!


we had different family and friends come to share in the special event....


My friends Allison and Heather!....


My pop-pop had a great time with Randy's grandpop. They talked in Pennsylvania Dutch to each other...which they both loved since it is not to much they can do that....


Amara (my cousin Staci's little girl) just loved the party... all smiles!


Mom talking to my cousin Staci!


Joey have a pretty funny conversation it looks like with Randy and Mark...


Our family picture of us with Talya on her special day!.... She is so hard to take pictures of lately since she is way to squirmy!






After lunch and socializing.. we sang to Talya. She didn't know what to make of it....


"Whats this???"


Ok, interesting...tastes pretty sweet.................... and yummy....


She soon discovered the great taste of the Garis chocolate cake recipe with cream cheese icing. YUM! even adults can't resist this cake!...


"Wait...let me stretch and make room for more!"


Silly girl.. that is not cake! The theme of course was butterflies and fairies so I had a butterfly wand for her and she tried to eat it, waved it and banged it.


What a mess!!! She had it in her hair, all over her face and bib, hands, arms and some on the dress.... nothing oxi clean can't get out though!


"I think I am in heaven... ahhhh"


After the cake.. I gave out the party favors so the kids could enjoy a little bit before they left.... Savannah was so excited!


Whats inside?? Lets see... bubbles... candy and play do. FUN!


Then Talya opened gifts... or should I say I opened gifts! :) She was there in the very beginning but then ventured off while I finished opening with other kids help...


She opened a "sit n spin" with a little car from Joey and Amanda...






Also a little peoples girl school bus and learning mower from Grandma Delp.... that caught their interest for a while...




While I was opening up some of her gifts.. she sat on Great grandma Delps lap for a while....


During that time a few of the kids helped me open the gifts.. like our neighbor Erika....


She got a xylophone from my Aunt Sandy (if I spelled that right)


and a dolly stroller with corn popper from Aunt Jaime....


but as soon as her corn popper vehicle was opened... that caught all her attention... (which daddy calls vahachicle - so funny! - Talya is going to grow up calling it that)


Savannah has the same one so she recognized it right away....
She did very well on her 1st Birthday... She had a small morning nap and didn't get her afternoon nap till about 3 in the afternoon after the party and wasn't to bad and was in pretty good spirits but she did take a really long, good nap! We exhausted her!


Thanks to the different ones that could come and help share in the event and also thanks for the gifts and cards. I opened the cards after Talya went to bed!

1 comment:

Staci Landis said...

I love the picture of Talya straight faced after she ate her cake where her hair is ALL crazy & messy. SO cute! :-) Wish we couldn've stayed longer...but I'm glad we made it out of our house at least. Speaking of...I have her gift here, too! :-)